School Mission Statement
The mission of Gem School is to ensure that each student has the opportunity to develop intellectual, social and physical skills appropriate to his/her age and ability in a nurturing and stimulating environment.
School Community Information
Our community is located 70 km northwest of Brooks, 40 km from the town of Bassano and 27 km from Rosemary. Our campus includes one building with two main classrooms, a school library and a computer room. The gym is located on the bottom floor with two other small all purpose rooms.
- The instructional level for each child is such that he/she will experience success.
- Students feel a sense of belonging at Gem School and see themselves as valued members of the school community.
- The guidelines set for students 2009 personal conduct will make them responsible for their own behavior.
- Planning and instruction are based upon the Alberta Education Program of Studies. Instruction will involve integration of subjects where appropriate.
- Communication methods which provide appropriate and adequate information to the principal, teachers, support staff, students, parents and community are used.